bootstrap website templates

Hurricane Florence

Current Update


Event Status: As of now, races will proceed as scheduled.
Update: Wednesday, September 12, 2018, 4:00pm 
Next Update: Only if the status changes 

We are still proceeding as scheduled. Based on the current forecast, the storm is projected to land further south than previously predicted, with minimal impacts to the course.  We continue to coordinate with our jurisdictional partners as they continue to assess the impacts. 

Packet pick-up at the Charm City Run store at McHenry Row started today 2pm and will close at 7pm. Tomorrow we will be at the Charm City Run store in Timonium from 2pm-7pm.

Please continue to keep those in the path of the storm in your thoughts and prayers. 

Hurricane Florence Update

Previous Updates


Event Status: As of now, races will proceed as scheduled.
Update: Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 4:00pm 
Next Update: Wednesday, September 12, 2018, 4:00pm

We are still proceeding as scheduled. Packet pick-up at the Charm City Run store in Annapolis started 2pm and will close at 7pm.
We are in regular communication with our local jurisdictional partners. They are monitoring the track of Hurricane Florence in conjunction with the National Weather Service, and assessing the potential impacts. As of now, we are in a "wait and see" mode. Due to the uncertainty of the path of the storm, it's too early to make a decision.
Please keep those in the path of the storm in your thoughts and prayers. Keeping things in perspective, what we are experiencing is a minor inconvenience compared to what those folks are preparing for and will be going through.


Update: Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 4:00pm
Next Update: Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 4:00pm
The National Hurricane Center is predicting Hurricane Florence to make landfall between South Carolina and Virginia on Thursday, September 13, 2018. Our hearts are with those who will feel the direct impact of this life-threatening hurricane.
While our event is scheduled to proceed rain or shine, the safety of our runners, volunteers, vendors, staff, and spectators is of paramount importance. The cancellation of the event is dependent on many factors as it relates to Hurricane Florence. One factor is if the weather poses a serious threat to the safety of those involved. Another factor is if support from the local jurisdictions is unavailable, in particular from public safety officials.
If the race is cancelled due to circumstances outside of our control, it is our intent to make our participants, vendors, and partners as whole as possible to the extent funds are available.
We have been fortunate to have active involvement from Harford and Cecil County Department of Emergency Services (DES) throughout the planning process for this event. We continue to monitor the weather in conjunction with DES and will provide updates as decisions are made on our website, our Facebook page, and by e-mail.